Organized in 1984, the InterNeighborhood Council of Durham (INC) is a coalition of Durham’s neighborhood and homeowner’s associations. Our mission is to promote the quality, stability and vitality of Durham’s residential neighborhoods. Just as many heads are better than one, neighborhoods gain strength by working together.
- Fosters cooperation among existing neighborhood organizations.
- Encourages the establishment of neighborhood organizations where none exist.
- Takes positions on issues that affect our member neighborhoods.
- Collects and disseminates information to stimulate awareness and interest in issues.
- Works cooperatively with the City and County of Durham, and makes sure the voice of the citizen is heard via individual neighborhood organizations.
- Holds monthly meetings and invite government officials to deliberate issues, educate neighbors and brainstorm solutions.
- Recognizes Durham’s neighborhood heroes through an annual awards program.
By attending to both headline-making issues and everyday matters, the INC has been an effective advocate for neighborhood residents and an influential participant in making Durham a better place to live.
Information on the next upcoming meeting. The INC normally meets the fourth Tuesday of each month. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, May 24th.
2016 INC Dues are Payable Now!
Please alert your neighborhood treasurer that INC dues for 2016 are now being accepted. Several neighborhoods have already paid. Dues may be given to your INC rep who will give them to INC Treasurer, Susan Sewell, or they may be mailed to: InterNeighborhood Council, 732 Ninth St, #700, Durham NC 27705.